Best app for solving crosswords. Includes help for cryptic clues, two word answers, anagrams and more. Comprehensive word list, plus thousands of names of famous people and places.
Denna ansökan har ett svenskt ord lista och en engelsk användargränssnitt. "Korsordshjälp" helps find the solutions for crosswords and other similar games. The application uses the letters you already know to find a list of possible answers.
It has many advantages compared to similar applications:
1) Contains a list of the names of thousands of famous people and important places. These are often the answers for crosswords.
2) Provides filters to reduce the list of possible answers. This is essential when only a few letters are known. E.g. you can filter out rarely used words.
3) Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 26 languages are currently available (see below).
4) Modes for crosswords, anagrams, codewords, and cryptographic crosswords.
5) Solves "two word" answers. This is very useful in combination with first and last names of famous people. It also finds "two word" anagrams.
6) View answers in multiple columns. Optimized use of screen space. Takes full advantage of size of tablet.
7) Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
8) The dictionary also contains some foreign language words. These are often found in some crosswords. Foreign words are English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Latin.
All of these features are available without an internet connection, and are rarely found in similar applications.
Other functionality includes:
- Easy to use, very fast search engine. Possible answers are displayed as you type.
- Very large list of words, split into common and rare lists, to help you find the correct answer.
- View detailed word definition of the possible answers (internet connection required). The app transforms the Wiktionary page, in order to be easily viewed on small screens.
- Link to the wiki page for famous people and places (internet connection required).
- App can be downloaded onto an SD card.
Dictionaries available are English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Polish, Norwegian, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later.